Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The heat must have burned my summer.... or sometimes the box don't break

So it's been 2+ months since my last post and I know that I started blogging again in May and somewhere in the back of my mind I keep thinking that I'll have plenty of time to catch up on my entries during the summer.

But now I realize that my summer is already half over and my time burned like a solitary ant caught under the cruel flame of life's magnifying glass.

Now I've got more than enough excuses to go around. If just having a family isn't enough there's the side jobs I've taken on (CCBoise, IngenSystems, Onfile), rumors and eventual layoffs at my day job and of course my sometimes unhealthy Tour de France addiction started up again a couple of weeks ago. Amidst all that throw in a camping trip, some good rides with the Boise BOMB group in June an the untimely death of one of Nayibe's close childhood friends and it all adds up lots of activity at the Hanson household. Then in about a week we travel to Cali, Colombia to visit Nayibe's extended family. This will be the first time down there for the boys and I and I must say we're pretty excited (or rather we will be once we can straighten out the boy's passport situation)

So, in the spirit of the this blogs purpose the question I must ask myself today is, "
Is all this activity the world working me over or am I working on my world? Better yet am I letting Jesus work on my through this activity?"
I guess the point is this: if I've been busy running around but not running in the direction of Jesus then I've really just been building myself a new box to run around in and eventually I'll get nowhere. But if I've been running toward Jesus in the direction he wants me to go then I may just be running into something very special in the months to come.

... I'm praying for the later.

No comments: